Yesterday, we moved. Our whole family packed up and headed to a new city, a new state, a new home. It wasn’t nearly as stressful as it could have been, mostly because of the help of so many wonderful family members who drove for hours just to come help us. Seriously, they are amazing and I am so grateful.
But, because of this big move and a certain company not being able to set up our internet as promised, I am right now sitting in a McDonald’s using their wifi while my husband is at home unpacking and the kids are all in bed (hopefully sleeping). There is no better way to get to know a new community than sitting in a McDonald’s for more than a few minutes. Have I ever mentioned I love to people watch?
Anyhoo, to the post for today. These cookies are just another part of my obsession with chocolate and peanut butter. You know, like these, or these, or these, and this. I am even this minute snacking on a hot fudge sundae (so that I could justify using their wifi) of which the best part is the way the fudge and little chopped peanuts combine.
The cookies are soft and pair great with the frosting. These were seriously gone in no time at my house. They are delicious and I know you will love their yumminess.
- 1 Devil's Food cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cake mix, oil, vanilla and eggs until combined.
- Roll small 1 teaspoon size portions into balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, until just starting to crinkle. Allow to cool on a cooling rack before frosting
- Cream together the butter and peanut butter, for 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add the powdered sugar, a bit at a time, until desired consistency is reached, adding milk only if needed.
- Take a cookie and spread with frosting, then top with another cookie.
Frosting adapted from Your Cup of Cake
Another Recipe You Might Love…