I first tried these Chewy S’mores Cookies a few years ago and they instantly became a favorite. I obviously have a thing for chewy when it comes to cookies. And I also love marshmallows and s’mores. The combination of the two was bound to be a good one.
What do I love about these cookies? So many things.
1. They’re chewy.
2. They have marshmallows.
3. They have chocolate.
4. There is actual graham cracker crumbs mixed in with the flour, so it tastes like a real s’more.
5. The Jet-Puffed Marshmallow bits. I know some people aren’t fans of this kind of marshmallow, but to be able to bake them into a cookie and they stay in tact? Awesome.
6. Both of the above also contribute to the amazing taste of the dough of these cookies. Not that I condone eating raw cookie dough by the
bowlful spoonful, but this one is really quite delicious. I mean, look at that picture! I would eat that by the spoonful, and feel free to admit that you would too. This is a safe place.
Basically, I really like these cookies and I think you should make them right away.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (7 full graham crackers)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup jet puffed mallow bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Whisk together graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat for another 2 minutes.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients just until the dough comes together.
- Add and chocolate chips and marshmallow bits and stir to combine.
- Place large scoops of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe adapted from Kevin and Amanda
You Might Also Enjoy: