I alluded to this treat several weeks ago when I posted these German Chocolate Brownies.
It’s a simple idea, but it’s a fabulous one. And I have to give my husband all the credit. He often suggests to turn my baked goods into shakes, and I am against it most of the time. But this one was a winner!
This is one treat that he has been begging me to make over and over again. I finally did again when his parents were here so that they could try it. It definitely did not disappoint even with my husbands boastings, which included statements like “I might love this more than you”, and “I can die happy now”. It was such a hit, we had it 2 nights in a row.
If you like German Chocolate cake, this is for you. If you like ice cream mixed with other yummy things (blizzards, shakes, etc), this is for you. If you are not in one of those two categories, I’m very, very sorry. And you should try it anyway, because it’s amazing!
- 2 slices German Chocolate Brownies
- 5 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups ice
- Whipped cream for topping
- Place brownies, ice cream, ice and milk in a blender.
- Blend until desired consistency (add more ice cream for a thicker shake, add more milk for a thinner shake).
- Serve with whipped cream and a straw.