We love girl scout cookies at our house. And of course, our favorite is Tagalongs. Or Peanut Butter Patties, depending on where you live. I’m not sure why there is a difference in names. Probably just to confuse people.
Well, this year we didn’t have any girl scouts come to our house and my husband actually started begging me to make some. But taking the time to make more than just a few of the cookies sounded like a terrible idea. So, I took the same recipe that my husband had found and turned them into easy bars.
These are so good and so easy! We’ll be making these again soon, I’m sure. The only down-side to these is that it is very easy to eat the whole pan of them in a short amount of time.
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 13x9 pan.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and beat until incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Add vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Slowly add in salt and flour, and mix until completely incorporated.
- Press dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set and just barely browning on the edges.
- Place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Mix peanut butter and confectioner's sugar. Gently press on top of the cooled crust.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals, mixing well after each. Pour chocolate over peanut butter and allow to cool completely.
Adapted from Babble
Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads
I would eat these all day long! Don’t tell my daughter… she’s a girl scout! 😉
That was my problem, Sheena – I couldn’t stop eating them!
Oh these looks so good! I love Tagalongs! I can’t wait to try these. 🙂
Thanks, Sarah! They’re by far the best of the cookies, I think:)
This looks oh so good! I totally want to try it.
Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate
Tagalongs are my fave! Looking forward to trying your scrumptious bars recipe! Thanks so much for sharing! Pinned 😉
Thanks Brenda! I hope you like them as much as we do!
Megan @ The Skinny-Life
Oh my goodness, these look and sound really good!
Thanks Megan – they really are!
What a great idea for a bar! I too could not stop eating these bars. They look wonderful! Thank you so much for linking up this cake at Saturday Dishes blog hop. I pinned it.
Yum these look great. Can’t get any better than chocolate and peanut butter. Pinned.
I agree, Erlene – it’s hard to beat chocolate and peanut butter!
Wow! These look so good. And so few ingredients. What an easy and I’m sure less expensive way to get those cookies. Thanks for sharing at Saturday Dishes.
Thanks, Kerry C! That’s what makes a recipe great for me – simple, easy, and delicious!
Just popping in to let you know I have included your yummy recipe post in my peanut butter round up!