One thing in life that makes me happy is that my boys love mint. My husband has never been a fan of anything mint. So for some reason the fact that they love it like I do makes my heart smile. That was oh-so-evident with these bad boys. They didn’t even want to wait for them to be dipped in chocolate. It was difficult to spare enough to take a picture of.
They are exactly what they say they are: balls of mint chocolate chip cookie dough covered in chocolate. Easy and delicious. Enjoy.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, or regular size roughly chopped
- Chocolate candy coating
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in milk and extracts. Add flour and salt and mix on low until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for about 30 minutes until firm enough, then roll into 1 inch balls. Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes, or up to an hour (if it's going to be longer than that before you can dip them, then after the initial 15 min- hour, transfer the balls to a freezer zip top bag - they will retain their shape because of the initial freezing and stay fresh for quite a while).
- Melt candy coating following the instructions on the package. Remove a few balls from the freezer at a time.
- Dip each ball in candy coating, letting the excess drip back into the bowl. Add sprinkles, if desired, and place on wax paper to cool.
You Might Also Enjoy: