Fajitas are a favorite dinner in our house. They just have so much flavor and come together so quickly! Plus, by now you should know how I feel about anything that you add avocado to. And these Chipotle Shrimp Fajitas are the perfect dinner to add avocado to even with the chipotle cream.
There are lots of shrimp recipes out there, but most of them are for tacos. Which I love as well, but I am a sucker for sautéed peppers and onions.
These fajitas are on the spicy side, and you can alter the spice a bit by cutting down on the chile powder. In the chipotle cream, you could just use plain sour cream or just the lime juice. This recipe is really quite adaptable to any spice level. But, no matter how much spice you use, it’s going to be delicious.
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can of chipotles
- juice of 1 lime
- 6-8 small tortillas, flour or corn
- In small bowl, mix together chipotle chile powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt. Sprinkle over shrimp and toss to coat.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add peppers and onion and saute until onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Remove peppers and onions and add butter to pan. When butter is melted, add shrimp and cook until firm and pink. Then add the peppers and onions back in and heat through.
- Place all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until well combined.
- Spoon fajita mix on tortillas, then top with cream sauce, avocado and cilantro.
Leave a Reply