Healthy Pumpkin Banana Bread. I’m always looking for healthy versions of my favorite baked goods. It makes me feel a bit better to be giving my family something homemade and made with wholesome ingredients. Although I still can’t make them very often because I have very little control when it comes to yummy baked goods of any sort. And when they’re healthy, that gives me the justification to eat MORE of it, right? Insert face palm emoji. This is just one of those things I have learned about myself. I need to only have these things infrequently.
This particular recipe has two of my favorite things: pumpkin and banana. I love breads made with both of these. And the fact that you can make the one healthier by including the other, is a pretty awesome thing.
Plus, my family members (some of whom claim to dislike both bananas and pumpkin) absolutely loved this bread. And I don’t think it’s because I haven’t been baking as much lately. So, take a little time and make this Healthy Pumpkin Banana Bread and you will not regret it.
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium sized bananas)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (homemade recipe here
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour (I've used regular and white whole wheat flour with good success)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- Place all ingredients except the flour in a large bowl and whisk until well mixed.
- Add flour and stir just until combined (do not over mix).
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, and bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from loaf pan to cool completely.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge to keep fresh.
Recipe adapted from buildyourbite
If you like Healthy Pumpkin Banana Bread, you might also enjoy:
These amazingly delicious and full of goodness Bran Muffins