What kinds of foods are your comfort foods?
For me it almost always involves pasta and some form of cheese.
Even when it’s Spaghetti and meatballs, you gotta top that with lots of parmesan cheese. Am I right?
I recently went to a new restaurant with this amazing parmesan cheese macaroni and cheese. It was so good that I knew I had to make it.
The best part about this Parmesan Mac-n-Cheese recipe? Ok, there are actually 2 best things. One is that my kids loved it and ate it without complaining. The other is that it was only takes 30 minutes from start to finish! Which makes it totally eligible for a stellar side dish but also could stand all on it’s own.
Enjoy this with your family as a simple weeknight meal everyone will love!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 oz. shells or other shortcut pasta (I used whole wheat)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, meanwhile make the sauce:
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir and cook 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk, 1/2 cup at a time. Then season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the cheese until melted.
- Add cooked and drained noodles and stir until combined. Serve immediately.
Another Recipe We Think You’ll Love…