Happy Monday and Happy Memorial Day! We are spending the day packing as we are moving at the beginning of next month and won’t have many more of these days with nothing else scheduled.
So, last week I posted this Garlic Naan. If you haven’t checked it out yet, you should.
I thought that I would share with you one of things that I like to do with them. There really are endless possibilities, but this is one that turned out super yummy. I could have this for lunch just about every day.
It has yummy grilled chicken with fresh tomatoes and cucumbers all on top of warm garlic naan covered with a healthy and delicious hummus spread.
This is one of those that is easily adaptable to cooking in the skillet, if you need to. Like right now, since our kids pulled off a vital part of our grill and we can’t find it anywhere. By the time we’re able to grill I’ll probably grill everyday for the rest of the summer!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 large flatbread rounds (I used Garlic Naan)
- 1/2 cup prepared hummus
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with lemon-pepper seasoning and grill on a heated grill, cooking 4-5 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center (this time depends on your grill).
- Transfer to cutting board and allow to rest for a few minutes. Cut into strips.
- Heat up your flatbread either by placing on the grill and toasting for about 1-2 minutes per side, or wrapping in a kitchen towel and microwaving for 1-2 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine hummus and yogurt, then spread on each of the flatbreads and then cover with romaine lettuce.
- Top with chicken, tomato, and cucumbers.