Muddy Buddies, or Puppy Chow to some people, is one of our favorite treats. It’s simple. It’s delicious. And it involves chocolate and peanut butter.
I decided to change things up and try something new. I was not sad that I did. Actually only 1 out of 5 complained. That’s pretty good with this group.
I added coconut to the Chex cereal and then covered it in melted dark chocolate and powdered sugar.
It was a definite winner at our house, and I hope it will be at yours too!
- 9 cup rice chex
- 1 cup dark chocolate, chopped (I used Hershey's Dark Kisses)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Measure out chex and coconut into a large bowl.
- Place chopped chocolate and coconut oil in microwaveable bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave in 15 second increments, stirring after each one, until completely melted and combined.
- Stir in coconut extract.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the chex and coconut. Stir until chex is evenly coated.
- Place powdered sugar in gallon size zip-top bag. Add chocolate covered chex, make sure it's closed well and shake to cover the chex.