Happy Main Monday! Today I’m bringing you a favorite and a main dish. This has been a favorite in our house for years. We love it!
My husband, in particular, LOVES this soup. He asks for it frequently. He, for one, loves the heat involved with this soup. For the rest of the family, I sometimes will leave out the jalapeño and cut back a little on the white pepper.
I appreciate the spicy in the soup as well, but my favorite part is the tortilla strips in the bottom of the soup (those delicious carbs get me every time).
It’s just a hearty, spicy, wonderful soup. Perfect for these weird weather days that we’re having right now. I, for one, would just like spring to come. Until then, have some yummy soup!
- 2 cans navy beans
- 4 cans chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 5 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cans chopped green chiles
- 1 cup water
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- flour tortillas
- Monterey Jack cheese
- sour cream
- Place drained beans, chicken broth, onion, garlic and all spices into a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then add chicken, green chiles, water, and jalapeño.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Cut or tear tortilla into strips and line bowls with them. Ladle soup over tortillas into bowls.
- Top with cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
- Serve immediately.
Debi @ Life Currents
Looks like a wonderful recipe for chili. And, it’s a bit cold here today, this would hit the spot.
I love the name and love chili so will need to try it.
We all love it! Hope you do too!
Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads
This looks delicious!! I would love a bowl right now! 🙂
This sounds so good! We love chicken chili.
Emily @ It Bakes Me Happy
I’m not a red meat girl, so I love that it is chicken chili, sounds delicious!
Thanks, Emily! My husband is the same way. Basically, chicken is his only meat. I hope you like it too!