My relationship with pizza is quite simple. I love it.
I can’t really remember a time when I was tired of pizza. My husband actually does get sick of it. But, for me, there are just so many things you can do with pizza. Just in the crust, you’ve got options. Then the toppings! There are so many choices! I’ve already shared some of my favorites with you. Like this Fajita Pizza and this Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza. Both are super tasty and actually I am hungry just thinking about them. We’ve even got a few pizzas for breakfast.
This is another one of our very favorite pizzas. We love Winger’s sauce and we use it for so many things. This pizza is one of the best we’ve come up with.
It’s pretty simple. Ranch dressing serves as the sauce, then topped with shredded chicken (really good use for a rotisserie) that’s been mixed with Winger’s style sauce, then of course lots of cheese and a bit of red onion. Simple, but always gets rave reviews.
- 1 recipe pizza dough
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 6 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce (We like Frank's, but make sure it's the buffalo style)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cheese
- Make Winger's sauce by combining buffalo sauce, water, and brown sugar in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat to a simmer and cook for a few minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Get your dough ready in the way you want (thickness, shape) and preheat oven according to directions for dough.
- Spread ranch dressing over dough.
- Mix shredded chicken with 3 tablespoons of the Winger's sauce. Spread over ranch dressing.
- Sprinkle cheese over chicken and then spread onions on top.
- Cook according to crust directions, until the cheese is melted and crust is cooked through.