After making these English muffins a few weeks ago, I knew I wanted to do something a bit more fun with them.
With the summer weather, fruit pizzas have been on my mind. I love desserts with fruit involved, like strawberry shortcake.
I’ve also been trying to get my kids to eat more healthy breakfasts. They struggle eating anything at all in the morning so usually I end up giving them whatever they will eat. But with summer break and having a bit more time, I’ve been trying to find easy options that they will actually eat.
And of course, although they all liked these, they liked them in different ways. My six year old wanted the fruit on the side, and my four year old didn’t want the cream cheese at all. Kids make life so fun!
Anyway, I used my homemade English muffins (but you could most certainly use store bought) and topped them with light cream cheese zested up with a little orange and then topped with berries. A simple yet yummy option for breakfast any day of the week!
- 4 whole wheat English muffins (awesome homemade recipe here
- 8 oz. light cream cheese, softened
- zest of 1/2 an orange - you don't need too much to give it a zing!
- blueberries, strawberries, and other fruit for topping
- Mix together cream cheese and orange zest.
- Separate English muffins and toast.
- Spread with cream cheese and top with fruit.
Another Recipe You Might Love…