These simple Vanilla Cupcakes are moist, delicious and full of yummy flavor.
It’s Favorite Friday once again and today I’m sharing with you not one of my favorite recipes, but a favorite treat of one of my favorite people. Was that confusing? Sorry. You see, today one of my favorite people turns 4! And his favorite cupcake is vanilla. As a matter of fact, when I asked him what flavor of cupcake or cake he wanted, he said he wanted to help make them and to smell the bowl and it would smell like vanilla!
And these delivered. They are full of that vanilla flavor, which I tend to think is on the boring side, but when a cupcake is good, it’s good. And these are! A very basic flavor but in a really good way. Make them for the vanilla lover in your life!
I served them at a little get-together with a few friends and they were a hit with everyone! So maybe my son’s simple tastes are more common than my taste for all the different.
- 1-3/4 cup cake flour
- 1-1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In bowl of stand mixer add flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix with paddle attachment until combined.
- With mixer on low, drop in butter a few cubes at a time until all butter is mixed in and looks like coarse sand.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Slowly pour in milk and vanilla. Turn mixer to medium and beat for 2 minutes until smooth, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Fill liners 2/3 full and bake for 15-20 minutes until centers are set and toothpick test comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cream
- Beat butter and cream cheese until light in color, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in vanilla. Slowly add the powdered sugar until the desired consistency is reached. Add cream if needed.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
Adapted from Cookies and Cups
You Might Also Enjoy:
Mmmm…yummy for my tummy.
Emily @ It Bakes Me Happy
My hubby love vanilla cupcakes, these look delicious, pinning!
I am trying these pronto! YUM! Pinning for you too….can’t wait!