I didn’t realize until I got married that Valentine’s Day is so not a guy thing.
I’ve tried to do fun things for my husband for Valentine’s Day and it just kind of goes over his head.
Like these Easy Valentine Pancakes.
My kids thought they were so fun and especially my daughter caught on to the theme very quickly.
My husband asked me how exactly these were Valentines.
Well, you can’t make everyone happy.
These are some of my favorite pancakes. They use partly whole wheat flour, but they taste just like fantastically yummy pancakes.
We preferred these with buttermilk syrup, but were also tasty with the traditional butter and syrup.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pink, red, and or purple jimmy sprinkles
- Whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt in large mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl mix together buttermilk, oil, vanilla and eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together, just until combined.
- Heat skillet over medium heat, and right before cooking fold in the sprinkles.
- Grease skillet and cook batter 1/3 cup at a time for about 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve with butter and syrup or buttermilk syrup.
One Year Ago, 2014