Today I’m bringing you this Honey Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread. I think you all know by now that I love pumpkin. Mostly in baked goods. Like these donuts, or these cookies, or these. And these muffins and these pancakes.
What you may not know is that I try to be healthy most of the time. Particularly right now. After moving and the stress thereof, I find myself trying to eat much better than I have been. Because I haven’t been eating great. Because of the stress.
So when I saw this recipe for pumpkin bread without sugar or butter and only whole wheat flour, I was just a little bit excited.
And then I made it and ate it. So good!
It was still moist and perfect yummy pumpkin bread. I couldn’t even tell that it was a healthy version! I even took it to a friend’s house. Nobody seemed to mind that it was healthy – it just got eaten, and fast!
One of the best parts of this recipe is that it is simple – all mixed together in one bowl! Makes cleanup super easy!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (homemade recipe here)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In large bowl mix together melted coconut oil and honey.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Stir in pumpkin and vanilla.
- Add salt, pumpkin pie spice and whole wheat flour and stir to combine.
- Stir in baking soda and hot water.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes. Place pan on a cooling rack to cool.
Adapted from Cookie and Kate
You Might Also Enjoy:
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Crumble Bars
Leave a Reply