These Soft and Chewy Pumpkin Spice Cookies are exactly what they sound like. They are simple soft and chewy cookies that are filled with pumpkin spice.
I love most things pumpkin. Sadly, my husband doesn’t really appreciate most of them, but that’s a different story.
Anyway, I wanted to make these cookies as soon as I saw them. Chewy, honey, and pumpkin. Sounds amazing, right? Well, the funny thing is I didn’t even realize until I started making them that they don’t have any pumpkin in them! Just pumpkin spice!
But, I was in the midst of cookie-making and you can’t really stop that once it’s begun, can you? I persevered and it paid off. These cookies are delicious, chewy, pumpkin spice goodness and you should go make them.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice (yes tablespoons, try our homemade spice mix here)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment combine the butter, sugar, egg. Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add honey, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Beat on medium-high speed until combined and smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl again and then add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt and mix just until combined.
- Scoop out large 2- inch mounds of dough and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray, or lined with parchment or silpat liner (whatever your heart desires).
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until the edges have set and tops are just beginning to set.
Adapted from Averie Cooks
You might also enjoy:
Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
[…] Soft and Chewy Pumpkin Spice Cookies […]