There was a Saturday a few weeks ago in which I learned 2 very important lessons.
1. Disney on Ice is fun when the ratio of kids to adults is better than 3:1, and only if all of those children are older than 5.
2. If you make a batch of muddy buddies and then leave the house for several hours, don’t expect to find much left when you come back.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad I got to go to Disney on Ice with my children, mostly because I don’t ever have to do it again.
And I certainly did not have to ask my husband if he liked my variation of Muddy Buddies. The answer was clear. I shouldn’t have been worried. He is very attached to the original version, but apparently butterscotch was a good choice for him.
So, if you’re looking for something a bit different, give it a try!
- 4 1/2 cups rice or chocolate Chex
- 1 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Measure Chex and marshmallows into a large bowl, mix.
- Melt chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl on medium for 90 seconds. Stir.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted.
- Pour chocolate over Chex mix and stir to coat.
- Transfer to gallon zip top bag, pour powdered sugar over and seal the bag.
- Shake, shake, shake to coat all the mix with the powdered sugar.
- Let cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply