My name is Jodie and I love cookies. Any kind of cookie. I don’t know if it’s completely obvious, but it probably will be once we’ve been doing this for a bit longer.
Sometimes I see a dessert of another sort and I think “How can I make this into a cookie?”. I know, I have a problem. I don’t even know what it is about cookies that make me lose
all most of my self control.
Now, to get to THESE cookies. German Chocolate Cake Cookies. It’s pretty obvious what these cookies are about. All the deliciousness in a German Chocolate Cake: the sweetness of the chocolate, coconut and pecans, all in one scrumptious drop cookie. We love German Chocolate Cake here, we even had it for our wedding cake all those many years ago. It’s one of the only traditional cakes that my husband admits to liking. So it wasn’t too surprising that these cookies were a huge hit with everyone. They were chewy and chocolatey in the best German Chocolate kind of way. I hope you try and like them.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cream together butter and both sugars. Add in vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Place both chocolates in a microwave safe bowl and melt on medium power for 1 minute, then stir. If not completely melted, microwave in 15 second increments, stirring after each, until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate into the butter and sugar mixture and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, coconut and pecans.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes
- Let cookies cool for a few minutes, then move to a cooling rack.
Recipe adapted from Food Network
My friend Sandra over at A Dash of Sanity recently shared another version of a German Chocolate Cake Cookie that looks amazing, go check them out!
Leave a Reply