We’ve tried several taco pizzas, and this is by far our favorite. It’s got all of the goodness of a taco in a pizza! Seriously, two of our favorite foods of all time!
We’ve used different crusts to make this pizza. Usually we use our favorite Whole Wheat Crust but we’ve also done my favorite quickie Cornmeal Crust to save some time and because it tastes great with this particular pizza. You could even use a store bought crust if you wanted to and turn this into a super fast and easy meal.
The sauce for this pizza is my favorite part – refried beans mixed with enchilada sauce. It really makes an awesome base for the taco meat, cheese and all the other toppings. Another fantastic part about this pizza is that we serve it like tacos, having all the toppings on the table so you can make it however you want. Which means my kids usually just put a bunch of chips on there, and I’ve got mine piled high with spinach and avocado. Everybody’s happy!
- 1 recipe pizza dough
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- jalapeños, tomatoes, avocados, doritos for topping
- Prepare pizza dough. While rising get the rest ready.
- Mix can of beans with enchilada sauce. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef with onion. Drain, then add taco seasoning and water called for on packet.
- Preheat oven for your crust.
- Roll out dough to desired shape/size.
- Spread mixture of beans and enchilada sauce as your base sauce (there will definitely be some left-over).
- Cover with taco meat. You might not need the whole pound, but don't be skimpy!
- Cover in cheese and jalapeños, if desired.
- Bake for the amount of time on you crust recipe.
- Serve topped with spinach, tomatoes, avocado, doritos, etc.