We’ve been making this Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta as dinner for a couple years now, but had recently forgotten about it.
I’m glad that I remembered this recipe, because it is seriously one of the easiest and quickest meals that we’ve tried and that my family loves!
The sauce itself is only 5 ingredients, and it works over any pasta that you’ve got on-hand. We usually use whole wheat pasta and my kids love it just the same.
My family does tend to have issues with large chunks of tomatoes, so I will usually throw the can into the food processor or the blender just until the chunks are more manageable for my picky family.
Also, if the cheese does a bit of clumping when you add the chicken in, do not worry. It still tastes awesome!
Simple, delicious and ready in just minutes.
- 3 1/2 cups dry pasta (penne, rotini) or 8oz spaghetti
- 1 can Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat and add the can of tomatoes to heat through.
- Add the cream, then both of the cheeses.
- Heat and stir until the cheeses are melted, then add the chicken.
- Allow to simmer for a few minutes until heated through and flavors are combined, then serve over cooked and drained pasta.