Butter pecan is one of my favorite flavors. And if you don’t know already, I will tell you again how much I love pancakes. I love them a lot. So, it was only a matter of time before I combined the two. Today I bring you Brown Butter Pecan Pancakes.
It was inevitable that I would find a recipe and try them and fall in love with them.
So, here I am sharing them with you. You are very welcome.
They take a bit of extra time to brown the butter. But believe me when I tell you that it is so worth it. They taste awesome.
And nothing more is needed to make them awesome then to eat them warm with butter (yes, more of it) and syrup.
Simple and delicious breakfast.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To brown butter, place in a pan over medium heat, swirling the pan to avoid burning.
- Continue to watch and swirl for a few minutes until light golden brown in color and there are a few brown pieces on the bottom of the pan, then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl, mix together eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Then add browned butter.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and stir just until combined. Fold in the pecans.
- Cook 1/4 cup sized scoops on a heated griddle for about 5 minutes, flipping when bubbles appear on the top of the pancakes.
- Serve warm with butter and syrup.