Chocolate Toffee Bundt Cake is an absolutely delectable dessert. This cake is simple and delicious and perfect for a holiday party or just for anytime.
It’s chocolate, in so many wonderful ways. And then it’s topped with toffee.
It’s perfect for those tins of toffee that people give you. As a matter of fact, this cake was made with such a tin that my husband got at work. The toffee was delicious, but how do you eat a whole tin full of toffee. We have a hard time doing it. So, what did we do? I made a super yummy chocolate cake to put that toffee on top of.
Well, that’s enough of me trying to convince you. It’s awesomely delicious and you should make it.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- for topping: 1 cup chopped toffee
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease bundt pan and set aside.
- Place cocoa in bowl and slowly add the boiling water, whisking until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, whisk together sour cream and vanilla. Then mix in the cooled cocoa mixture.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream the softened butter and sugar until light.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- On low speed, add the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream mixture. Beat until glossy.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Put the chopped chocolate in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine the cream, butter, cocoa and corn syrup in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Pour the heated cocoa mixture over the chopped chocolate and let sit for 2 minutes, then whisk until melted and smooth.
- Add the vanilla and almond extracts and whisk to blend.
- Pour over cooled cake then sprinkle with chopped toffee.
Frosting will keep in the fridge, covered, for up to 3 days.
You Might Also Enjoy:
Leave a Reply