It is Main Dish Monday and I am very excited to share with you another one of our very favorite quick and easy dinners. Chicken Enchilada Pasta. We started making this maybe a year ago, and it has been a steady part of our menu since then.
It’s easy and delicious and it’s even better topped with avocado (which is a super plus in my book). I love pasta and pretty much anything with Mexican flavors. I don’t know what else I can tell you about this. Make it and you will not be sad.
Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (10 oz) cans green chili enchilada sauce
- 2/3 cup red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package penne pasta
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet and cook onions for about 3-5 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic and red pepper, cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken, green chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt and enchilada sauces. Stir. Let sauce simmer for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat down to low. Add cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and heated through, then add the sour cream and stir until mixed and heated through.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Serve with sliced avocado, tomato, green onions, olives, more sour cream, etc.
Adapted from The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife
This looks delish!! Going to give it a try this week! Thank you!
Thanks, Erica. I hope you like it and feel free to let us know what you think when you do try it!
Wow! This combines two of my favorite cuisines–my family would love this too! Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Dee, I hope your family likes it. It’s one of the few meals that most of my picky eaters will eat!
Mexican & Italian all in one. Sounds delish! I have pinned it for later. found you through the SITS Girls linkup
I know, Tamara! Two of my favorites as well. Thanks for stopping by!