Buffalo Chicken Lasagna might be new to you, but you should still try it. I have something a bit shocking to admit. I don’t really like lasagna.
I know I’m crazy. My siblings would always ask for it for their birthday dinner growing up and I was going “Ech.”
It’s the tomato sauce and all the cheese, particularly the ricotta or cottage cheese. You see, I have issues with texture.
I have since my childhood found lasagna recipes that I can tolerate and even some that were pretty darn good.
But I don’t make it very often. Like, ever. Because my husband doesn’t really like the tomato aspect either.
So I wanted to make a version that I knew we would both really like. And surprise, surprise: my husband gave this a 10 out of 10! That’s a first in a very long time!
It has all the noodles, sauce, and cheesy goodness of a lasagna but with chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and lots of cheese!
Give it a try because it is super good. It had enough of the buffalo kick that I had to have a big salad with lots of ranch dressing to cool it down a little.
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 package lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles, optional
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan over medium heat and add garlic.
- Saute just until fragrant, then add cubed cream cheese and whisk in until melted and bubbly.
- Slowly whisk in wing sauce, tomato pate and chicken broth until smooth.
- Continue cooking until slightly thickened, remove from heat and set aside.
- If using regular lasagna noodles, prepare them according to package directions, cooking to just less than al dente and carefully drain.
- Spray a 8 inch square pan, then spread a very thin layer of sauce on the bottom.
- Layer noodles, chicken, cheese, and ranch until you've reached the top of the pan or you run out of ingredients. The top layer should have noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in 375 oven for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with a salad and lots of ranch or bleu cheese dressing.
Another Recipe You Might Love…
For the buffalo chicken lasagna does not state when to add tomato paste
Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention! I’ve updated the recipe to include where to add the tomato paste! I hope you enjoy it!