My 5-year old has lots of ideas. Some are really weird. Some, like these Oreo stuffed cookies, are really good. She has always been my helper in the kitchen and loves to be involved with everything going on in there. She was actually pretty adamant about the name of this blog. That was not one of her better ideas, and she’s still sad we didn’t call it Female Food. Hmm.
Anyway, she also had ideas for different recipes to make. For things that don’t exist yet. Every single name she came up with (and there were several) had the two same words in them: Oreo and Awesome.
Well I took the hint on this one and made some pretty amazing cookies. These just happen to be minty because, you know, tis the season and all. But you could totally replace the mint chips with another type of candy if you so choose. Thanks Addie for the idea. Why the googoo? I don’t know, but it was apparently important.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped Oreos
- 3/4 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment or with silicone baking mats, set aside.
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer or large bowl with hand mixer cream butter and both sugars on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, and mix until combined, scraping sides of bowl to get it all incorporated.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients until combined. Stir in Oreos and candies until evenly distributed.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto lined baking sheet and bake for 8-9 minutes until edges are just golden. Do not over bake.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Food Network
You Might Also Enjoy: