I hope that you all have the kind of holiday that you want. Whether that means you’re in the kitchen all day, or you keep it super simple to spend time with family.
My little family are going to be having our feast with my parents. We have not been home for Thanksgiving in several years, and that’s the best part. In the few years we’ve been on our own, we’ve made Thanksgiving a very laid back day and have loved it. Sometimes we go all out and have friends over with every side dish and pie you could imagine. Other years we’ve kept it to a few vital sides with a turkey breast. But no matter what, we try to keep it low key. You only have to be in the kitchen if you want to be. It helps that I like to be in the kitchen most of the time.
On to this recipe, which really has nothing to do with Thanksgiving. Except that both are delicious.
I love all things Heath or toffee, and these blondies are the perfect place to show off their numminess. They’re chewy and perfectly sprinkled with chocolate chips and Heath bits.
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Heath bits
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 13x9 pan by lightly spraying with cooking spray.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and beat just until combined.
- Fold in Heath bits and chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and carefully press dough evenly into pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until edges are golden and a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs attached.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
- To aid in cutting, you can place in the fridge for 15 minutes before cutting.
Adapted from tutti-dulci
You Might Also Enjoy:
Loved the Heath Bar Blondies for our Sunday evening treat! Super easy and delicious.
I’m so glad you enjoyed them – sounds like the perfect Sunday treat to me!