This recipe for Fancy Browned Rice is one that my husband grew up with. It’s one of his favorite dishes.
Yes, it takes a bit of time. But it is fancy browned rice. If you’ve got the time, this is one of the best side dishes ever.
We usually have it with my husband’s version of chicken pillows. I think because that’s one of his other favorite from his childhood.
This Fancy Browned Rice would be great with any chicken dish or steak and also with a roast. Just about anything.
Yes, it’s flavored with beef broth, but it really just tastes amazing. The onions and the butter make sure of that.
Fancy Browned Rice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 cans beef consommé
- 2 cups beef broth
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in large saute pan over medium heat, then add sliced onion and rice.
- Saute until rice begins to brown.
- Pour mixture into 13x9 pan, then add beef consommé and beef broth. Gently mix to combine.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Serve with your favorite chicken, steak or roast and a green salad.
Another Recipe We Think You’ll Love…
Leave a Reply