These scones are a new favorite at our house.
My husband is standing over me telling me that I need to say how amazing these are. After he ate 4 of them, he realized that he should probably stop.
Then I went to the store and between him and the kids, the rest of them were all gone.
Everyone loved them.
Cream scones with coconut inside and out, then drizzled with melted white chocolate. Even the super picky eater that claims to not like coconut, was able to scarf down a whole one and ask for another.
Coconut White Chocolate Scones
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup +2-3 tablespoons coconut
- 1/4 cup white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix in cold butter with 2 butter knives, or use your hands, until butter is mixed in and the dough is crumbly and pea sized.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg cream and vanilla.
- Add the wet into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup coconut.
- Form dough into a flat round disk, about 8-9 inches in diameter. Place on a baking sheet and cut into 12 triangles.
- Brush each triangle with a a little bit more cream (just enough so the coconut will stick) and then sprinkle with the coconut.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave on 50 percent power for 1 minute. Stir. If still not melted all the way, continue to microwave for 15 second increments, stirring after each until smooth.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over scones. Serve warm.
Another Recipe You Might Love…
Peanut Butter Cup Cream Cheese Ball
Oh wow! I’m totally making these this weekend!
These scones look AMAZING Jodie!!!
Holli @ It's An Ordinary Blog
Yum! Thanks for the recipe! 🙂
Not sure about the coconut but I would love to make these with blueberries. Thanks for the recipe!
Bonnie @ wemake7
Now that is a new way to enjoy scones! Thanks for providing this awesome recipe.
Wow! I wish I didn’t see this. I want it so bad! & The best part is it seems easy enough for me to be able to do it.
Yum! I love scones and coconut too.
How nice. What an amazing summer treat.
rosemary anderson palmerr
Can you bring me one right now??? Yummy
I make my sister coconut desserts all the time, this is definitely a new treat for her to love, thanks for sharing!
Dawn @ Pin-n-Tell
How yummy are those scones?? I’ve only made scones once.. I think you recipe is the perfect excuse to make more 🙂