These Candy Cane Cheesecake bites were a no-brainer when I found the Candy Cane Oreos. Am I the only one that gets excited when I see new flavors of Oreos? No matter what the flavor is, even if it sounds disgusting, I feel drawn to try them. I might be the same with Doritos too. And I am usually disappointed with the flavors. But Candy Cane? That was a no-brainer. The Oreos are delicious by themselves. But they are even better made into Candy Cane cheesecake bites.
They were easy to put together, too. Make a crust, fill with deliciousness and bake.I froze them before I cut them, which was key to getting them to turn out right.
The taste is so worth it! I really love peppermint flavored treats. Plus, I love Oreo crusts. And candy canes.
Like I said, it was a no-brainer.
I took these to a get together and they were the first thing to disappear!
Because who doesn’t love cheesecake (I mean, besides my husband)? And these little bites are the perfect cheesecake for this season of chilly weather and all things peppermint!
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups Candy Cane Oreo crumbs (about 2 1/2 cups mini Oreos)
- 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 eggs
- Crushed candy canes, for topping
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line an 8 inch square pan with aluminum foil.
- Mix together melted butter and Oreo crumbs. Press onto bottom of pan.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in sour cream and extracts until smooth.
- Add eggs and mix until combined.
- Pour over Oreo crust and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, then place in the fridge for at least 1 hour, up to 12 hours if needed.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes before cutting.
- Carefully pull foil out of the pan with the bars and place the bars on a cutting board. Carefully remove all the aluminum foil.
- Cut into bite size pieces using a sharp knife, making sure to keep the knife clean in between cuts.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
You Might Also Enjoy: