I love Chex mix type for snacking.
And there are so many possibilities! This time I really wanted a fall-flavor kind of treat. I was definitely intrigued by the caramel sauce made with applesauce in it. I thought it turned out great.
I chose Rice Chex and Cinnamon Chex because that’s what I could find and it turned out great. If you have other Chex on hand, give it a try. Or Cheerios for that matter. There are so many flavors of both of these cereals, it’s a little bit ridiculous (the good kind of ridiculous).
So Chex, Cheerios, caramel apple sauce, toffee bits and white chocolate.
It’s delicious and you should try it.
- 4 cups rice Chex
- 4 cups Cinnamon Chex
- 2 cups Apple Cinnamon Cheerios
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Measure out all the cereal in a large microwaveable bowl and set aside.
- In medium saucepan combine butter, brown sugar, applesauce, corn syrup and salt. Melt over medium heat, then bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Allow to boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour mixture over cereal and mix until coated.
- Microwave for 5 minutes, stirring after each minute.
- Add toffee bits and stir to distribute.
- Spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet to cool.
- Meanwhile, melt white chocolate in the microwave in 20 second increments, stirring after each, until able to drizzle.
- Drizzle white chocolate over Chex mix. Place in the fridge for a few minutes to allow chocolate to set.
- Break apart and serve.
Adapted from A baJillian Recipes